Billionaire Stan Druckenmiller says he will continue to fund Nikki Haley
|Published: 01-31-2024 4:28 PM
Investor Stan Druckenmiller said he would continue to fund Nikki Haley’s increasingly long-shot challenge against Donald Trump for the Republican presidential nomination.
“I’m going to continue to support Nikki Haley,” he said Tuesday as he left a New York City fundraiser for Haley, a former South Carolina governor and United Nations ambassador.
His comments come hours after Citadel founder Ken Griffin announced that he gave $5 million to the super political action committee supporting Haley’s campaign earlier this month, but would focus future contributions toward House and Senate races.
Other donors including investor Tim Draper and the Charles Koch-backed Americans For Prosperity have said they plan to continue supporting Haley.
Druckenmiller was among the co-hosts for the New York fundraiser, along with KKR & Co. co-Chairman Henry Kravis, The Home Depot. Inc. co-founder Ken Langone and AQR Capital Management’s Cliff Asness. Billionaire Leonard Stern, former Alliance Capital chief Dave Williams, Broadway theater owner James Nederlander and conservationist Susan Rockefeller were also spotted entering the event.
Haley is the sole remaining challenger to Trump. She lost to the former president in Iowa and New Hampshire and is trailing him by about 30 percentage points in South Carolina, the next major contest on the Republican primary calendar.
Druckenmiller, a major Republican donor, has also previously given to Chris Christie and Tim Scott’s presidential campaigns before they dropped out of the race.